Monday, November 07, 2005

No Fluff

It was that time again, time again for No Fluff, Just Stuff. I was not as much as excited as I was last year, when I went to attend it for the first time.
A couple of reasons...
- Weekends are turning out to the best(read, only) time for quality family stuff..
- Who ever who registered my name got my email in right, so no reminders..
- I messed up the dates, I had a quiz to take this weekend, for which I was yet to prepare
- Checked out the sessions, saw some repeats, oh no, please don't..

But then, I went to attend the conference starting friday afternoon, Two sessions of Dave Thomas back to back ( racing sheeps.. & Ruby) and a keynote on "Art in programming", got me back to senses on why I am here during this weekend! Oh, now I know why they repeat the sessions.. Dave was here last year, with the same session, but guess what, I was listening to someone else during that time.. It was a very interesting talk. Thanks Dave!!

I am still not sure whether I will attend these sessions next year, (not because of anything about the conference, but mostly because it would mean, missing out on a weekend with family which is turing out to be very very much needed...) but I definitely would recommend this to anyone interested in learning something during a weekend!!

No comments: